EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My edition took me to the "Interview method". How do I find the "Forms Method"?

I have used Turbo tax for many years but it was on a PC.   I prefer the "Forms Method".   After I downloaded the online edition on my new Mac, it did not seem to give me a choice as b/t interview and forms.  I can find nothing to warn me that I would face that restriction.   I would prefer a CD in any event.   Will a CD allow me the "forms method" and if so where can I buy it? Will the online edition allow me the forms method; if so, how do I access it?

I looked at the q&A's below and they seem unanimous that there is no forms method in the Online edition but the follow up question:"Where can i get forms method : is not answered.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It appears you are using the online version of turbotax, which does not have a forms mode. If you would like to use forms, you'll need to download the installable version of TurboTax.  You can order that from this website: http://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/download-tax-software.jsp

View solution in original post

10 Replies

It appears you are using the online version of turbotax, which does not have a forms mode. If you would like to use forms, you'll need to download the installable version of TurboTax.  You can order that from this website: http://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/download-tax-software.jsp

View solution in original post

But those alternative version appear to be for use on a PC given that the site speaks of using windows,Vista and other PC platforms. Will the forms method work on a Mac without intstalling windows there?

i agree.... i would like to use the "forms method" on a Mac, too.... but there does not seem to be an option for Mac users anymore. Intuit/Turbotax, please, please bring back the Mac version of the CD for Turbotax!

I also need the program for a Mac.  Without it I will be purchasing a different program.

Really unhappy with the online version - I hate the questions - need a downloadable or CD version for Mac.

I also need the forms method to see what i am actually filing. This was requested for Mac last year, but seems like I wasted my money buying the online version.

Intuit should be ashamed of itself!  I was using its Standard CD TurboTax (previously QuickTax) for over 20 years. 2015 version cost $39 and I could use it for 5 members of my family with self-employment income using the forms mode.  2016 Standard Online version eliminated all of that without any warning on the package whatsoever. For 2016 I would have to fork out over $ 100 for the same service. Of course, if they had a downloadable version version Mac - lack of which the idiot who responded to the question above did not consider important to mention.  Time to move to different providers, which you can find here: en.m.wikipedia.org.  Former TurboTax user.

The link you provided "en.m.wikipedia.org" is all about a wooden head! ... and I don't think that was what you intended. :>) Can you provide the link for alternatives to the disappointing Intuit. Thanks.

This online version for Mac is a joke.  I needs forms and I want my money back.