Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more rows on T2222

Hello,

I'm trying to fill out my Northern Residents Deduction - Trips with TurboTax (Form T2222 Chart B), but it is only allowing me to have 6 rows.  That is not enough rows for my needs.  For example only one person should be on each row and each row should be for a single trip, but my wife and I both took 2 personal trips and I took 3 medical trips and she took 4 medical trips, so that would mean I need 11 rows.  What am I suppose to do?  Can I combine all of one person's medical trips into one row? 

Please help.

3 Replies

Need more rows on T2222

I also noticed that the T2222 posted on the CRA website is quite different than the version in TurboTax, and does have more rows.  Could TurboTax be updated to use the new form? 

Need more rows on T2222

I phoned and talked with Turbotax Support today and the woman that I spoke with said that you can combine all the trips of one type together.  So if you have two people both with medical and other trips, you only need four rows because Person A may have four medical trips, but you can add all the different values of each trip into one total medical trip row (I.E. Person A has one row for all medical trips and one row for all other trips; Person B has one row for all medical trips and one row for all other trips; which combines to four total rows used).

This worked for me this year as there is only two people in my household currently; however, this may not work in years to come when we have children that can also be added with their own medical and other trips.  Even by combining all of the like trips into one row/person, the maximum amount of people that could be put in the current format is: three people.

I would also like to call upon Turbotax to expand the amount of rows provided in future Turbotax releases.

Need more rows on T2222

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and have shared this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.