Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Mar 21, 2024 9:27:27 AM

Netfile Error. Code 35

I am getting error code 35 from CRA Netfile when I am trying to send my tax report. I saw that some people got this error because there was no space in their postal code. My postal code was autofilled without a space by TurboTax and is probably the same as last year. I would like to know if this could be the issue. I have tried many things to correct this problem and I have only to shots left (since you can only try to send it 5 times). I am presently out of the country and I can not easily send my report by mail, so I would really want to be able to send it online. Please help!!!

0 16 1953
16 Replies
Mar 21, 2024 9:32:28 AM

Please try removing your address and postal code one by one and retyping it in (not copy or autofill). Then, clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your return and restart your computer before trying again.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Mar 21, 2024 9:51:11 AM

Thanks for your quick answer. Please note that I am using the web version on my Ipad. I have retyped all my address info, reset the cache/cookies history of Safari that I am using, rebooted my Ipad. Since I have only 2 tries left, I am a bit scared to try it. Could it be caused by my VPN? I am out of the country and I am using a VPN software and selected Canada as my country, could it be the issue? 

Mar 21, 2024 10:00:41 AM

Safari is known to cause issues at times. You may wish to try Chrome instead.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Mar 21, 2024 10:17:18 AM

I tried Chrome, turned off my VPN and did all you suggested before, and I got the same error. So now I have only one try left. I really do not know what I can do. I have been using TurboTax for years now and I never got this kind of trouble. 

Please note that I am doing a combined report with my husband and I am getting the same error when I am trying to send the report to the CRA using Netfile. So the problem is probably caused by an information that is the same for both report, but what is the problem ?

Mar 21, 2024 10:44:15 AM

Is it just Error code 35 or Error code 35-A?

Mar 21, 2024 10:45:54 AM

It is error code 35.

Mar 21, 2024 11:05:54 AM

Please select My Info, then [Your Name]’s Personal information from the left side menu. Double check that ALL the information you have entered on the page is correct. 

Also, make sure that your address matches what the CRA has on file for you.

Mar 24, 2024 12:15:59 PM

I have checked all my personal information and compared it to the information of the CRA and all is identical. 

I have tried with and without my VPN and I get the same error. 

I have tried Safari and Chrome, same error. 

I have tried with and without the Netfile code, same error. 

I really do not know what else to try, please help. 

Mar 24, 2024 1:49:37 PM

@MooreaPQ  NETFILE is only meant to work within Canada. If you are outside of Canada, you might not be able to NETFILE, even if you use a VPN connection. 

Returning Member
Apr 3, 2024 10:44:03 AM

I am in the exact same situation but doing it on my computer.  Tried Safari and Chrome and it won't work.  Please tell us what is the issue or a workaround for the problems in your software.

Apr 3, 2024 10:52:39 AM

@Gustavoo Have you double checked your information?

Please select My Info, then [Your Name]’s Personal information from the left side menu. Double check that ALL the information you have entered on the page is correct.

Also, make sure that your address matches what the CRA has on file for you.

Returning Member
Apr 3, 2024 11:23:28 AM

Yes I already did that.  My information is correct and matches perfectly the CRA's.

Apr 3, 2024 11:31:12 AM

@Gustavoo Then, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be able to assist you further.

Returning Member
Apr 3, 2024 2:05:34 PM

I called but the support could not tell me what error 35 meant and overall was not useful after losing more than an hour on the phone and sharing my screen.  In the end, there is a bug on turbotax's side which should be addressed by your development team and not by the support.  Please fix your software so you can keep your customers.

Apr 3, 2024 2:21:30 PM

@Gustavoo Are you getting Error code 35 or Error code 35-A?

Returning Member
Apr 3, 2024 3:04:10 PM

Error code 35 just like I wrote it.

Anyway, after losing the full day trying to resolve that without success (doing all the unnecessary back and forth with the support on the phone)  I decided to go for a competitor (which I won't name here), imported all my information and within less than an hour it was done and accepted by the CRA.  That was fast an efficient just as it should be.

TurboTax should really fix its bugs instead of asking the users to do so much for absolutely no result.  Now I lost 45$ with your product... I used to be good but not anymore.  Sorry you lost me.