Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Assunta

Netfile Error for Quebec tax return is there is a space in your legal name.

I encountered an error when I tried to Netfile my 2021 Quebec tax return.  There error was with regards to my name (of all things).  There is a space in my first name and this causes an error and I am blocked from being able to Netfile.  I did not encounter this error when I filed my federal CRA return.  This is extremely problematic because I am certain that I am not the only one who has a space in their legal first name.  I have been using TurboTax for over 10 years and this is the first year that I have encountered this issue.  In fact, all my personal info in automatically carried forward from year to year and never been an issue. So why this change in 2021??? I think it is ridiculous and completely unacceptable that the software will not accept a tax filer's LEGAL name.  The only way I can remove the error message is if I remove the space, but I am concerned that once Revenue Quebec receives my return they will question my name does not match what they have in the system.  Turbotax REALLY needs to correct this issue, as it is not for them to dictate how one should write their legal name.  If it's not corrected, I may be forced to switch to a different software that does have this strange error.

1 Reply

Netfile Error for Quebec tax return is there is a space in your legal name.

Hello! The issue has been resolved and a new version is now available.