Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the page asking for my spouse's info, i entered my spouse's correct SIN, but the page asks for a SIN that's "different from your spouse's" - this page is not working?

3 Replies

On the page asking for my spouse's info, i entered my spouse's correct SIN, but the page asks for a SIN that's "different from your spouse's" - this page is not working?

Please go back and be sure that you have entered the correct SIN number for yourself and your spouse. Usually, when you get this message it is because you have entered the same SIN number for you and your spouse. 

RonMorris

I have the same problem. The social insurance numbers are correct, but the system gives me the same error. I am using the desktop version.

@RonMorris To resolve this issue, please select everything that is in the SIN box and delete it. Then re-type your spouse’s SIN, making sure to use only numbers and no special characters or spaces. There should be a total of 9 numbers. Ex: 123456789

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.