Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stb929

Other Deductions

Is anybody else having issues with the system tossing in "other amounts" for deductions that cannot be found anywhere in the deductions details?   It is disappointing when you run this program and then cannot find where it is pulling numbers from on a 2019 T1 for Canada.  I can verify every other number from a report but not this amount.   Below is an image.

Is anybody else seeing this and know what it is from?

I appreciate your time!

Other Amounts.jpg

5 Replies
Jeffuuright
Employee Tax Expert

Other Deductions

Please try navigating to: Review> Bottom Line> Detailed Tax Summary (link appears under Review Summary). The summary includes a breakdown of your federal non-refundable tax credits. You should see some individual amounts that add up to the figure for “other amounts.”

Other Deductions

I've followed your instructions - but still cannot come up with the number stated. Please help!

Other Deductions

the "other amount" on the Deductions Summary  reflects Schedule 1 - which include public transit passes, disability amounts, tuition transfers, and medical expenses for you and your family, as well as others that fall under the Federal Non-Refundable Tax Credits category.

Other Deductions

Ok that makes sense except for that my medical expenses do not add up to that amount - and I cant find any other numbers that do... 

Other Deductions

You can contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 to see if they can view your return and see where the amount might be coming from.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.