Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Mar 31, 2021 8:35:50 PM

Our TurboTax application has stopped working properly. It rarely happens; we're sorry it happened when you were using it.

0 24 1202
24 Replies
Apr 3, 2021 3:04:02 PM

Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser), and try again. This FAQ has instructions on how to clear the cache in several popular browsers: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-clear-my-cache-browsing-history/00/873530

If you need more assistance with this issue, please contact us by phone. To talk to our phone support team, visit https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/. After entering some basic info about what you need help with, the page will give you the phone number for the team best suited to help.

Apr 11, 2021 1:02:46 PM

I tried to call. Quoted my Incident #. Was told by the automated recording that wait time would be between 20-25 minutes. I was already waiting for 27 mins, listening to jazz music, and when the music stopped, I thought I could finally speak to an agent. But no, the line got disconnected!!! I tried again but wait time would be 30 mins so I hang up. Can't waste another 30 mins for nothing. This is really frustrating. Is there a better time to call?

Returning Member
Feb 28, 2023 11:30:48 AM

I’m having the same problem in 2023 for 2022 tax filing using the online version. I was just wondering how did you manage to solve this issue? Thanks a lot 🙂

Returning Member
Apr 16, 2024 7:08:13 AM

Having the same problem in April 2024. How to fix this. Really frustrating. Cleared cache, tried with different browser, different device... agent last night said maybe my file is corrupted, Two days of work and over an hour on the phone with an agent.. gone. 

Apr 16, 2024 7:15:31 AM

Please try using our link 2023 TurboTax Online with Google Chrome. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Returning Member
Apr 16, 2024 7:21:42 AM

Tried. Same issue. I am able to log in to where I see the return I worked on. When I click on it, the page starts to load then goes to the "application not working page." The same happens if I copy it and try to open it. Same thing on my phone. 

Apr 16, 2024 7:27:47 AM

Are you using the app or the full Online software? Do you have any pop up blockers set up that could be turned off?

Returning Member
Apr 16, 2024 7:34:36 AM

web version. Popups enabled. I was able to access it yesterday fine until yesterday evening. 

Apr 16, 2024 7:43:31 AM

Now to find out what happened since then.... Could you start the steps over from the beginning?

1. Make sure there is no pop up blockers set up.
  2. Turn off virus protectors.
  3. Clear cache/cookies on Google Chrome.
  4. Sign out of account.
  5. Restart computer.
  6. Use Google Chrome.
  7. Use our 2023 TurboTax Online link.

Thank you for your patience.

Returning Member
Apr 16, 2024 9:32:26 AM

Thank you I have tried all these things and no luck.

Apr 16, 2024 9:40:05 AM

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If a resolution is not found, please ask for an escalation to have an investigation done to solve this issue.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Returning Member
Apr 16, 2024 2:19:51 PM

Hi, I called last night and the representative said my file might be corrupted. Can you escalate it?

Apr 17, 2024 4:43:07 AM

This may be something you can verify before we escalate this: Windows 10 and Windows 11 in S mode FAQ.

Apr 17, 2024 4:50:31 AM

@lyd018 You will need to call them again and request the escalation if they cannot find a resolution. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If a resolution is not found, please ask for an escalation to have an investigation done to solve this issue.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing TurboTax.

Returning Member
Apr 17, 2024 7:45:18 AM

I don't use Windows. I called and was told I have to do the return all over again. Really frustrating. Not sure I will continue with Turbotax after this experience. Two days of work and one hour over the phone with live help.. gone. 

Apr 17, 2024 8:29:20 AM

Did you ask for an escalation as a we do not see a call on file for today and an escalation is required to investigate this issue for you.

Returning Member
Apr 17, 2024 8:49:51 AM

Yes I did request an escalation and was told even if they escalate they can't do anything about it. I called today and two nights ago. Can you help do something about this? Thank you.

Apr 17, 2024 10:54:26 AM

Can you please clarify if you are using a MAC computer and if you are using TurboTax Desktop version?the 

Returning Member
Apr 17, 2024 11:11:55 AM

I'm using a Mac, desktop version. I tried with the app on my phone and got the same issue. Tried in incognito mode as well and web version on my phone.

Apr 17, 2024 11:22:44 AM

@lyd018 We don't have a Desktop version for Mac in Canada. For assistance with U.S. taxes and U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit the website for TurboTax USA.

Returning Member
Apr 17, 2024 11:31:33 AM

I'm looking for help with my Canadian turbotax file. I've used it via the website previously with no issues, just logging into the website.

Apr 17, 2024 1:37:17 PM

What exactly would you like help with?

Returning Member
Apr 17, 2024 2:41:47 PM

If you see the thread above, my return won't open once I log in. I get a puppy dog error page. Really frustrating as it's 2 days work plus over an hour on the phone with an agent. 

Apr 17, 2024 2:53:16 PM

@lyd018 

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We're not able to access your return here in community, so if phone support says the file is corrupted and can't be recovered, then unfortunately, you would need to start your return over.