Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggags

Question regarding Spouse information on 2023 Personal Information - Worksheet (INFOWS)

Line 76? Do you mean line 75?

Question regarding Spouse information on 2023 Personal Information - Worksheet (INFOWS)

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help guide you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Vote_Quimby
Returning Member

Confused tax filers:
Enter the amount from line 75 (NOT 73) of your spouse's T1 General. This indicates "Federal tax on taxable income", which is the relevant amount.

TurboTax:
There is no ambiguity, nuance, or uncertainty here. Fix your mistake, preferably before the filing date, and let these good people get on with their lives.

@Vote_Quimby We have already let the development team know. Thank you for your input.

Vote_Quimby
Returning Member

OK, but while I only stumbled across it a few minutes ago other people have been expressing consternation over it for over a month.

Appreciate the acknowledgement and all, but in fairness it's a simple typo: literally replace a "3" with a "5" in a single text field and you're done. Not sure how it takes a dev team any time whatsoever to accomplish this.

@Vote_Quimby Unfortunately, the development team has processes, protocols and timelines that they need to follow, especially since they need to maintain the software's certification with the CRA. So simple fixes don't necessary mean "quick". 

Vote_Quimby
Returning Member

OK, I really don't want to bicker ... but 40 days and counting is an awfully long time to leave people confused.

It also isn't particularly helpful when an admin (not you - other admins) jumps in to further muddy the water with poor guidance. It's actually a pretty funny thread, so I'll paraphrase and abridge it for you in the event you haven't had a chance to read it in its entirety:

------------------

Confused customer # 1: The program says to enter the number from line 73, but that makes no sense. I think it should be the number from line 75, is that right?

Admin # 1: Yes, the program is wrong, we'll update it. In the meantime, just enter the CORRECT number.

Confused customer # 1: Cool. Can you confirm the correct line number?

Confused customer # 2: Is this fixed yet?

Admin # 2: No, it's not fixed. Just enter the number from line 76.

Confused customer # 2: Ummm ... you meant line 75, right? (Because line 76 is completely unrelated ..)

Admin # 2: You should call in and talk to someone.

------------------

Regardless, I'm done for the year, so have a good one.

And if anyone out there is still waiting for the software fix: don't. Just enter the value from line 75. Not 73 or 76, but 75. And you're all set!

Cheers