Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Apr 17, 2020 4:09:28 PM

quickbooks free after using turbotax self-employed

I filed my tax return using turbotax self-employed and got the message I could get Quickbooks for 18 months for free. However, once I clicked on it, it disappeared. How can I claim this?

Thanks,

0 15 1603
15 Replies
Returning Member
Apr 18, 2020 8:48:20 AM

I have the exact same issue. When I follow the steps in the help system I don't see any option to select the free trail.

Apr 20, 2020 2:16:16 PM

I’m having the same issue and can’t find help anywhere. 

Returning Member
Apr 20, 2020 2:30:14 PM

I've had multiple customer service agents try to figure it out and no one knows what to do, it's funny they all agree there should just be a link (the same link that's in step 7) that they can send out, but instead they end up sending it to level 3 support, I should have a callback in a few days, you'd think this problem would have been fixed by now with all the people experiencing the same issue.

Intuit Alumni
Apr 22, 2020 11:48:31 AM

If you received our free QuickBooks last year, you are not able to get it again this year. 

If this isn't your case please contact our Customer Service: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I hope this was helpful

Returning Member
Apr 22, 2020 11:53:26 AM

My first time using TurboTax self employed, and unfortunately I've contacted support 3 times and no one is able to help, currently I'm waiting for someone from level 3 support to contact me back as that's who I've been told needs to fix my problem. 

Thanks .

Level 15
Apr 27, 2020 5:04:44 PM

This offer is for new QuickBook users only

There is only 1 free QBSE offer per TTSE account. Once that TTSE account redeems the QBSE offer, it will no longer be shown in the product. 

1. If you don't see the offer please check the following:

1. Are your cookies enabled?  

2. Do you have a QBSE account already?  

3. Have you filed their return successfully? 

4. Are you using one of the TurboTax Self-Employed products that qualify for the offer?

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/i-filed-my-2019-tax-return-in-turbotax-self-employed-or-turbotax-live-assist-review-self-employed/00/873796

Returning Member
Apr 27, 2020 5:14:49 PM

I only have one account and have already completed all the steps you've listed. Unfortunately I still have yet to receive a call back from "level 3 support" this is very frustrating as I see many, many other users are having the exact same problem as me, and unfortunately no one seems able to fix it.

Apr 27, 2020 5:39:43 PM

Same here, I should qualify for this, but nothing is available.

Level 15
May 2, 2020 3:45:00 PM

Thank you all for your feedback- Did you complete a joint return?

Returning Member
May 2, 2020 3:47:37 PM

No I did not.

Returning Member
May 2, 2020 3:49:04 PM

Never heard back from anyone either, not really sure what else to do now. 

Level 15
May 2, 2020 4:07:13 PM

One more thing- did you have cookies enabled on your computer? - It has to be allowed so that it knows which TurboTax software was used in order to get access to QBSE if you qualify for it. 

Returning Member
May 2, 2020 4:55:36 PM

Yes I had Cookies enabled, are you able to escalate this any further? I've spent hours on the phone with customer service and no one can figure this out. Every agent I've spoken to agrees there should be some way for them to send out a direct link to sign up for the offer. Honestly it's really frustrating how this being handled lol every customer service agent agrees I should have received the free offer, I have a receipt that says I should have received the free offer, but because of technical issue with your site the offer didn't appear when I submitted my taxes, nor does it appear after following the 10 or so step process outlined in the help system. 

This is a common issue Ive seen posted on the forums many, many times by other customers and unfortunately the end result is the same,  no one knows how to fix it.

Level 15
May 2, 2020 5:37:53 PM

Yes, I will escalate it, would you be able to send a private message on Facebook or Twitter please - so that I can get your personal information.

Returning Member
May 2, 2020 5:44:50 PM

Sorry I don't have either one lol