Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Mar 9, 2023 8:10:17 PM

RBC Client Discount

Hi! I am an RBC client and I saw that I had an offer loaded to my credit card that gave 20% off turbo tax services. The details stated that to get the discount, all I needed to was pay with the RBC credit card with the offer already loaded onto it. I paid with that card after completing my tax return and I received no discount please help! I was so excited to save a bit

1 9 3795
9 Replies
Level 15
Mar 16, 2023 5:58:17 PM

I will verify your account and if you are eligible by an email received then you will receive your discount. Please note that it takes up to 2-3 weeks to see the amount on your credit card. (Please confirm with a "YES" if the email address used here is still valid) 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Level 3
Mar 16, 2023 6:20:54 PM

this is a joke . either RBC or Turbo Tax shouold be ashamed of themselves for suckering people

Level 1
Apr 14, 2023 5:15:52 PM

Hi - can you clarify that this is an automatic check/verification of  RBC credit cards or does one have to apply for the verification in order to receive the 20% discount?    While I know this discount offer has recently ended, I had accessed TurboTax thru the RBC Offer link and paid during the promotional offer period;  however the discounted prices as shown was not available at time of checkout, so had to pay the full list price on my RBC credit card. 

Apr 17, 2023 1:00:37 PM

In order to help you with this, we need you to verify that the email associated with this account is still valid. Please answer only YES or NO.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Level 1
Apr 22, 2023 6:52:25 PM

Yes.

Level 1
May 15, 2023 8:08:38 AM

Hi - While I replied: Yes  three weeks ago, I'm still awaiting the verification for the credit/refund... can you advise of the status?   Thanks.

Level 1
May 15, 2023 8:11:09 AM

Apologies... I see that you had sent a private message indicating the pending refund and timelines. 

Thank you for the follow up & the credit.

Apr 8, 2024 4:44:17 AM

Same here. We've just paid full amount using our RBC credit card and there was no discount applied. Please can you confirm that we will receive a 20% discount? Thanks.

Apr 8, 2024 5:05:25 AM

As your file has not been invoiced yet, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you and make verifications. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.