Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ceocoronado
Returning Member

Canadian Trying to download Turbotax 2017

I am from Canada Ontario and I tried downloading Turbotax 2017.

I downloaded the free version on Safari with the most recent IOS update. When I went to downloads if showed up at Turbotax2017_Build9008exe when I clicked it a pop up called the unarchiver shows up wanting be to extract something but i dont know what. When I click extract it just says the contents of the files could not be extracted with this program. So I then tried to download it on Chrome but nothing opened up or downloaded so now I'm left with no program installed . I tried to follow the instructions from the email but all it says is 

1. Print this receipt & keep it handy
  2. Click 'download the product here' (above) to go to download site
  3. Follow onscreen instructions: download file to computer (Recommended: save file to desktop)
  4. After download, double-click [TurboTax 2017] icon on desktop (or find file in folder) to install
  5. Install using onscreen instructions

but none of this is helpful seeing as nothing works just the "extract" message

2 Replies

TurboTax CD/Download only works with Windows 8/10 devices. TurboTax Online is compatible with Macs, but unfortunately, we no longer offer TurboTax Online 2017.

The CRA still has the tax forms for 2017 that you can fill out and print. You can find them here: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/tax-packages-years/archived-gene...

Jamaluddin1983
Returning Member

can you please tell me how to download turbo tax 2017