Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot file using Netfile

I did enter a date of entry.

how ever, there is no place in TurboTax that I can show him as non risedent or as immigrant 

@yasinguducu If the person is non-resident, then go back to the Province Of Residence page and choose non-resident instead of a province. If the person became resident during the year, then you can indicate the date of entry on the Contact Information page.

I am locked out of CRA filing system. How do I unlock it.

@RichardRCEA You will need to contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and get them to unlock your NETFILE account.

If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are elsewhere, you can call 613-940-8495. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: Contact the Canada Revenue Agency

Kawal

I am also getting same error. Person became Canadian resident in 2023 so I have selected province where she is living and also entered entry date to Canada. Now sure where else to change residency status. I will call support but like others looks like chances are slim and I have to get my refund and buy some other software. May be time to switch from Turbotax.

To contact the telephone support team, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If a resolution is not found, please make sure to get an escalation to do an investigation.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Kawal

I called and rep was not able to find reason of error. We even tried creating new return but same result. Looks like there is a bug when residency changes selected and entry date entered, netfile is not created correctly. I am told that my issue is escalated to technical team. Hopefully they provide bug fix soon.

Thank you for the update. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Kawal

There was no update to my support case so after waiting I contacted support again, provided my case number but it was surprise to me that no error details were captured in case so I have to explain everything again. I did screen sharing and they kept trying and locked me to netfile. Support is not accepting this as bug in Turbotax and rather said its issue on CRA side. Issue is simple if they want to escalate to their development team to fix the bug. It looks like that file that Turbotax is generating to send to CRA is missing either date of entry to Canada when selecting Change in residency or vice versa. Turbotax was not even calculating carbon tax rebate so even from that it looks like its not detecting change in residency.

What a waste of time and money with Turbotax if they cant accept bug and fix it.

Time to switch to some other company. How can I get my money back?