Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
needhelptoday
Returning Member

Cannot uninstall TurboTax Premier 2021 fully from my computer

My first cd was installed and stopped working because I think someone stole the license code.  I got a new CD with new license code but I cannot fully uninstall Premier 2021 from my Windows 10 Desktop computer.  I uninstall but when I reinstall the new cd it does not ask for the new license code and therefore nothing works as before. Does anyone know how to fully uninstall so the license key goes away?

5 Replies

Within the turbotax software, in the tools menu at the top left hand side, one of the options is License Key switch. Select it and it will allow you to enter a new license code.

needhelptoday
Returning Member

There is no License Key switch under Tools.  Can you look again and let me know where I can find that option.

It should be the last option in the Tools menu. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

needhelptoday
Returning Member

@TurboTaxSusan my Tools drop down menu does not have anything like you have taken a picture showing license code switch. My choices in Premier Cd is for Tools is My tax data, Final Review, Topic List, Attachments, calculator, Tax Summary, Tax History, Order History.  So do you have some special version of Premier?

I have the Canadian version because this is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax. For assistance with U.S. taxes and U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit the website for TurboTax USA.