Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

climate action incentive wont delete I need to NOT claim it

I need to UNCLAIM the climate action incentive credit. Someone else is claiming it. But Turbo Tax is very very unfriendly with making this easy. Im frustrated as I have tried for over 30 min to unclaim it and its not working. I strongly suggest you guys don't make it automatically claim for ppl. Now how the hell do I fix this?

4 Replies
ruskde

For 2018, I claimed the Climate Action Incentive credit, however for this year for the 2019 tax return, my husband wants to claim the  credit.  I even unclicked the box on the Turbox Tax online addition, but it does not remove it from the return and still showing as an error to be corrected.  How do I fix?

You will need to go to the "Provincial" section and continue and on the first page you will see "Your Provincial Profile for 2019" you simply uncheck the box, and click on continue.

I did that AND IT STILL CLAIMED THE CLIMATE CREDIT, it dont matter if its not clicked or if it is.. you guys need to fix the flaws in this system. I wont ever use turbo again if you guys cant fix crap like this.

I followed the instruction and unchecked  climate action in the review and it did not change the return..  Do you have another solution.