Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco activation code does not work?

10 Replies

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with the activation. In order to help you with this, we will need more information.  Please contact us in private on Social media so we can help you further. You can find us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Can you please tell me why the online version I purchased from Costco will not work.  The activation code is not working.  Thank you

Nivek1965

I have attempted 3 times to get this code to work......

Frustrated.

@Nivek1965

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, please make sure you are using the right code. if you bought TurboTax at an online retailer, they will normally send you the code via email or give you a link where you can get the code.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code?

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2021 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

Enns

I have done my taxes and want to review but it now says the code does not work

I do not have facebook or twitter.  The activation code does not work.  I have tried it several times.  What can you do to help?

@Retired 21 First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code? Please note that you can only use the code once in one account. Using the code again will give an error message.

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

I cannot activate the 2023 Intuit Turbotax purchased at Costco last week.  I preferred using the CD as in the past.  I want to activate my tax program or else give me back my money.  

You contact me.  I don't use those social media systems.  e-mail me at [email address removed] to resolve this issue.