Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA Code:15

14 Replies

As per Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) receiving an error code 15 means: You have indicated this is a pre-bankruptcy return. Please delete the selected financial data (SFD) statements. They should not be transmitted with a pre-bankruptcy return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

momosouth
Returning Member

I never claim for Bankruptcy

momosouth
Returning Member

How can I remove code 15, I never or ever claim Bankruptcy?

koda12
Returning Member

Hi...if you use the "forms method" to work your return it does not show the Bankruptcy question

Change to the Easy Step method and the question is asked there and you can change the YES to NO  

@koda12 Actually, if you go to the INFOWS worksheet in Forms mode, it asks about bankruptcy in Taxpayer Filing Information section.

koda12
Returning Member

Thank you ...did not realize that form was there  Thanks again 

You're welcome.

Hi, can anyone help me with my situation? I have the code error 15, although I don’t even have my cra account yet, since it’s my first time filling, I’ve called them yesterday and they said that since I dont have an account, they cannot unlock it since I don’t possess one, why am I still getting this error 15??

If the CRA doesn't have any of your information and it is your first time filing an income tax return to the CRA, you will need to print and mail your return this year, and next year you will be able to NetFile.

You will need to go back to the FIle section of your return and choose print to mail.

Where to mail your paper return.