Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

CanadaFrançais United States of AmericaEnglish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Deceased tax


I supposed to file my father, Thee Cheung Wong, the 2019 tax return, who deceased November 27, 2019, which I inserted my name, Shirley Wong, thinking that I was the one to file on behalf of him. But, I can’t correct it, for it was not allowed to do any changes. Please advise how I should do ASAP. Thank you.
Shirley Wong
1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

Deceased tax

The answer to your question depends on some additional information. If you filed a deceased person return with your name and your social insurance number, and you received a notice of assessment for that return, you need to have that return amended. You can find information on how to do that here:

How Can I Amend My Tax Return?