Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous other income amount

I get the following error on my wife's return (we have and are using the Standard Edition):

Other employment income

We are both retired, so we have no T4 income to claim. This error does not show up in my return.

This error showed up 2 years ago and I ignored it. Last year I erased her return and completed it from scratch, i.e. I did not download her information from the previous year. The error did not reappear. This year I downloaded our information from last year and the above error cropped up again.

I did a thorough review and found no entries or anomalies in my wife's T4 section.

This looks like a bug. Thoughts/insights/solutions?

P.S. I don't see the Standard Edition. My environment is Windows 8.1 (latest updates installed, no anti-virus, etc. issues).

1 Reply

Erroneous other income amount

If you are both retired and seeing an amount on Line 104 as "Other Employment Income, it is likely coming from an amount on one of your T4A  - Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity and Other Income slips.

If you have an amount in Box 118 - Medical Premium Benefits, or Box 119 - Group Term Life Insurance Premiums, they will show up on Line 104 of your tax return as "Other Employment Income". 

Here's some more information from CRA on amounts that may show up on Line 10400