Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR "CPP/QPP contributions or pensionable earnings have been entered incorrectly. Check the amounts entered on your T4; particularly boxes 10, 14, 16, 17, 26, and 28. If the information entered matches your slips, please contact TurboTax support at htt

I have employment income (T4) and self-employment (T2125). Data entered from T4 alone poses no REVIEW ERRORS.  However, once I add self-employment income I am getting the REVIEW ERROR CODE "CPP Contributions or Pensionable Earnings entered incorrectly.... check T4...."  
I looked into Schedule 8 which seems to address CPP on Self-Employment income but 4 pages of data calculation is too much for me. Somewhere within this area the CPP contribution or the CPP Pensionable Earnings is corrupt and causing this error. Please review and provide a fix as I need to file my tax.

I am using Turbo Tax Installed from Disk purchased for 2019 Standard Tax Filing.

Please review the whole error message as copied below:  

ERROR "CPP/QPP contributions or pensionable earnings have been entered incorrectly. Check the amounts entered on your T4; particularly boxes 10, 14, 16, 17, 26, and 28. If the information entered matches your slips, please contact TurboTax support at https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

17 Replies

ERROR "CPP/QPP contributions or pensionable earnings have been entered incorrectly. Check the amounts entered on your T4; particularly boxes 10, 14, 16, 17, 26, and 28. If the information entered matches your slips, please contact TurboTax support at htt

Any response to this problem? I'm getting exactly the same error under the same circumstances? Deleted everything and started fresh, same problem. 

elshad99

Same issue here, driving me crazy!

I received a message from another member advising that a fix was supposed to be ready on March 2, but it did not arrive!   I also checked to see if an update would fix the problem on my return but I still have the error on review.  I went so far as to manually calculate the entire tax return and compare to the Turbo Tax "line by line"  incl Schedue 8.  All seems to be accurate and proper amounts are flowing into the T1. I am quite comfortable that my manual filing is correct but I shouldn't have to do it this way.  I want a fix to this stupid error code iin Turbo Tax so I can file electronically.  I paid for the software and this is totally unacceptable. Very frustrating!  

Will post a response if I ever get one from Turbo Tax.  

Same Issue, triple checked everything. FIX THE ERROR IN THE SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same error and no response from TurboTax.  

I have same error from online TurboTax, I have both a T4 and a T4A that automatically interprets as self-employment (it was from an employment program with training). When I try to Netfile it gives me the error and asks me to fix the lines, but I can't as it is automatic calculation from TurboTax.

I don't know whether print and send via mail or wait and see if this will be fixed, I have already tried to Netfile four times (deleting everything and doing all back again, and even filling from CRA data), all the same.

Does anyone know how to connect with TurboTax to report this problem without having to pay $50 to "review the return"?

I too have been getting this error....very frustrating as this has never happened before and I have been using TurboTax for at least 10 years. 

I'm also having the same error.  No response from TurboTax on this?????

I have this exact error when trying to submit my tax return using NETFILE. I have a T4 from employment, and a T4A from self-employment.  The error code is #90308 and my NETFILE is rejected by CRA.