Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaxMan423
Returning Member

Form review shows tuition transfer from a child, but I don't have a child (spouse is trasferring tuition though), how can I fix this? or is not a concern?

After using the Easy Step process to create a joint spousal return, I've entered her transfer tuition (federal + provincial [BC]), but on reviewing my pre-NETFILE T1 General, lines 32400 AND 32600 (from child, and from spouse) are BOTH showing... I tried re-doing her transfer form, and double-checked my Tuition Transfer Worksheet.

Similarly on the BC428 form, both fields show the same number (i.e., spouse and child)...

Is this a concern? if so, how can I fix this to remove the "from child" section and just have the "from spouse" field filled? or is it a mirrored field, supposed to show the same number in the case of a student-spouse transfer?

1 Reply
TaxMan423
Returning Member

Form review shows tuition transfer from a child, but I don't have a child (spouse is trasferring tuition though), how can I fix this? or is not a concern?

Called-in for support... turns-out there was a duplicate entry area that I was checking-off and entering.

In this case under the Easy Step (wizard), going to the Deductions & Credits -> Other Deductions and both removing the name and amounts and un-checking the "Tuition transfer from other eligible individuals" box.

I'm still not entirely sure where the spousal student tuition transfer got entered, but I must have somewhere else.