Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms Locked

I was told to keep trying. Total BS, if your product is not fully operational, you should not be accepting payment.

I can promise you, I will NOT use TurboTax again after this year. 

Forms Locked

Same issue, different form not yet finalized. This is ridiculous I have used turbo tax for years and never ever had this issue. Frustrated to say the least

Forms Locked

They told you to keep trying even though they know it isn't fixed yet?! Great customer service. 

1Shandy

Forms Locked

CRA hasn't changed Form T2125 in forever and if they were going to change it they would have done so by now so everyone would be aware of it. Why is this form blocked?

Forms Locked

As an update: I was able to netfile my return today; no more locked form error.

Everyone try again!

Forms Locked

Just tried, still locked for me.  Doesn't appear any of the listed forms have changed.

On hold with the CRA now as this is a CRA problem, not a turbotax one.

Forms Locked

I discovered this issue as well Monday Feb 21st at 8pm when I tried to file before they closed net file at midnight EST, called Turbo tax in the morning to find out the CRA System has not finalized the business forms for the program to pull, so they say I'm taking their word.

So I called the "CRA" they had no clue what I was talking about even the senior CRA staff had no answers.

But they told me if they receive enough phone call complaints in the next few days as to why the forms aren't finalized they will look into it but could take a few days to a week to resolve.

They also said that you need to verify that you qualify to NETFILE now, as they have made changes to qualifications to NETFILE is years so before you call the number I put at the bottom or you can "Google" CRA phone number.

1) First go to their website at "Canada.ca"
2) In the top right search box type in the word "NETFILE"
3) In this window scroll down to "File your taxes online: Understand NETFILE"
4) In this window click on the button at the top box that says "NETFILE eligibility"
5) Review the very, very long list of exclusions to NETFILE, and only if you don't meet those then call the number and ask the representative to put in a request for when the forms will be ready

If they receive enough unhappy citizens complaining about the forms not being ready on Monday, it will help get it expedited and also if asked let them know that you did review the list items that would make you ineligible to NETFILE and that the issue is the program won't let you click on the "NETFILE button" because the business forms for most people is the T2125 but make sure you provide your exact business form number to them that you are filing if not the T2125.

But it you meet any of the NETFILE ineligibility you will need to print and mail it in but only once the forms are finalized (don't think you need to send receipts, they will call you for anything they need to see)

Hope that helps, and saves you the over 2 hours it took me to get this information, glad to know I'm not alone in this frustration.

I think it is Turbo tax's responsibility to be on them to get a date to provide us  as the CRA only now accepts NETFILE via certified tax software programs and certified accountants.

The CRA number is [phone number removed]

Forms Locked

Turbotax is offering free tax filing for people 25 and under. Does this fall under the NETFILE restriction list where it says "Your tax return was discounted by a third party"? 

Forms Locked

Sorry I wouldn't know you would have to call CRA and ask them for clarification if you feel you meet that  criteria and they will instruct you on what to do, but if they don't get complaints they won't expedite the issue.

Good Luck

Forms Locked

Hi there

Read my post post put up about 25 minutes ago it's very detailed on what to do as I had the same issue Monday straight through to right now this morning, I tried to file and the button is restricted.

Some say they can Netfile,  some say they still can't as of this morning not sure what version of Turbo Tax you are using, I'm using Premier are you using that version as well.