Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I entered a T5007 slip, Box 14 is .00, so that should disqualify me from getting the Personal Tax credit, but it does not.

2 Replies

I entered a T5007 slip, Box 14 is .00, so that should disqualify me from getting the Personal Tax credit, but it does not.

Here are the eligibility rules regarding the Manitoba Personal tax credit from: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/tax-packages-years/general-incom...

Who can claim the personal tax credit?

You must have been a resident of Manitoba at the end of the year to claim this credit.

If you were 19 years of age or older at the end of the year, read Who cannot claim the personal tax credit? to make sure you still qualify.

If you were under 19 years of age at the end of the year, you can only claim this credit if one of the following applies to you:

• You had a spouse or common-law partner.
  • You were a parent.
  • You can claim the Manitoba education property tax credit on your 2018 return.

Who cannot claim the personal tax credit?

You cannot claim this credit if any of the following applies:

• You were claimed as a dependant by anyone on their Form MB428.
  • You were confined to a prison or a similar institution at the end of the year, and you were there for six months or more during the year.
  • Your spouse or common-law partner is claiming a transfer of part or all of your age amount or your disability amount on their Schedule MB(S2).
  • Another person is claiming a transfer of part or all of your disability amount on line 5848 of their Form MB428.

If you want to opt out of the Personal Tax credit, then click on the Forms icon, then click on the Provincial icon. Near the top of the form, under Personal tax credit, is a box that you can click on to remove the X. This will remove the Personal tax credit from your return. To get back to the interview, click on the EasyStep icon. Save your return.

Dano52

I am having the same problem - box 14 on T5007 is 0.00.  I expected Turbo Tax to do the calculation and enter zero on line 50 of form MB479.  A number multiplied by zero is always zero.  Opting out of the personal tax credit is a copout rather than fixing an error!