Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get clarification of the figure on Line 23100 of my return?

3 Replies

Thanks for your question. As per CRA, if you are a member of the clergy, use line 231 to claim a deduction for your residence. Your employer has to certify that you qualify for this deduction. Complete Form T1223, Clergy Residence Deduction, to find out what you can deduct and enter it into line 231. 

Please click here to learn more about clergy residence deduction.

Thank you for the response, reshaque.  However, my question is a bit more complicated than that.  I have been asked by CRA to clarify the number on line 23100 in my return.  It is different than line 11 on my T1223.  I want to find out how TurboTax got a different number on line 23100 so that I can answer that.  The two possible answers are 1) TurboTax has an error in their software and so the figure on line 23100 needs to be corrected or 2) TurboTax is correct and I need to find out how it came to the figure so I can justify it with CRA

@pastorbill: Can you please contact us so that we can verify the calculations. How do I submit a claim under the TurboTax 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee?