Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did not receive my 20% discount for filing my return. I have an email that says that I should get 20% but it was not applied at time of payment

Still awaiting a resolution to this issue.  It cannot be "rocket science" to address.  It's a matter of rebating those incorrectly charged by about $4.  Can you not find this in your "petty cash account"?  Must this issue be brought to the attention of the federal Competition Bureau to examine under the provisions of the false advertising section(s) of the federal Competition Act?

I did not receive my 20% discount for filing my return. I have an email that says that I should get 20% but it was not applied at time of payment

Hey "TurboTaxGinette"

Still awaiting a reply...any reply.  Must I involve the Competition Bureau in this matter, as th 20% discount you offered to "early filers", but now will not honour, clearly seems to be a violation of the misleading advertising provisions of the federal Competition Act.  

I received a credit on my credit card on March 21st for the difference, just after turbotax responded here.  Thank you.

bnfriss

YES

I too received the discount emails.  One was just an hour before paying but there was no discount.  This seems to be a little fishy with so many people having the same issue.  Time is money and no one has time for this!

Keep on them.  Apparently being a "squeaky wheel" works...eventually.  My rebate ($4.75) finally appeared today.  I am thankful for the rebate, though we really should not have had to hound Intuit for it. They emailed us with their "offer", but didn't tell us that we'd have to fight them for it.  Also, expect no follow-up emails from Intuit.  They apparently conduct their "customer experiences" through this "community" forum. They clearly do not want their customers to ever actually make direct contact with them.

What a way to run a company...provide zero "customer service".  That would eat into their profits.

According to your file, you are from the US and unfortunately, you have reached the Canadian site. Please go to https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/ for further help.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

???

I had no idea that my municipality was suddenly, without the knowledge of the local residents, annexed to the US.  Please explain your comment advising me that I have a US account, when I:

1) live in Canada

2) pay provincial and federal income tax

3) contact you through a Canadian internet connection

4) use a Canadian email address, complete with a "ca" country code at the end

Perhaps if you ran a proper email service with customers, rather than relying on this silly, useless "community" idiocy, you'd not be posting incorrect information to customers.  I might yet contact the Competition Bureau in Ottawa and request that they have a serious chat with you.

Very strange that some receive a refund of the discount that should have been received and others don’t.  My request has been denied by Aurora A. according to an email where I filed a partial refund request.  Next time I’m supposed to call their 800 number at four four six eight eight four eight before I pay.  Putting this here so others can do so 

@David850 Ginette forgot to @ someone, and here are 5 different customers in this thread. It was likely she was talking to someone else.