Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamcdg17

I had some casual labour help, where do I input that amount and is there a maximum allowed?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I had some casual labour help, where do I input that amount and is there a maximum allowed?

If you are the owner of a small business/self-employed and the labourer was not an employee (with payroll deductions taken, etc.), that expense would be considered to be a subcontractor expense. To spot to enter this amount is in the Inventory section of the business interview - directly after the Income section of the business interview.

If you are using Forms mode in Turbotax CD/download, the amount will be entered on line 8360 of the T2125 form.

There is no limit on subcontractor expenses but you should give the worker a receipt of the total paid and keep a copy for tax purposes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Just to be sure I understand your question, did you have casual labour income or did you employ someone else on a casual basis?

pamcdg17

I had someone help me casually

If you are the owner of a small business/self-employed and the labourer was not an employee (with payroll deductions taken, etc.), that expense would be considered to be a subcontractor expense. To spot to enter this amount is in the Inventory section of the business interview - directly after the Income section of the business interview.

If you are using Forms mode in Turbotax CD/download, the amount will be entered on line 8360 of the T2125 form.

There is no limit on subcontractor expenses but you should give the worker a receipt of the total paid and keep a copy for tax purposes.

pamcdg17

Thank you, that is very helpful!