Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have entered a value for box 51 for my T3. It is NOT showing up on line 425 in the Schedule 1. Is this a bug?

8 Replies

I have entered a value for box 51 for my T3. It is NOT showing up on line 425 in the Schedule 1. Is this a bug?

Have you also entered the amounts in box 49 and box 50 with the amount from box 50 reported to line 120 of the T1 General?

Yes.  I have entered box 49 and 50.  And box 50 is reporting in line 120 of the T1.

I was not able to duplicate this issue in Turbo Tax Online Product. Please contact us directly.
Please call us by clicking the following link to the Contact Us page. Then complete the required information. A phone number will appear, along with your incident ID. Call the number. This will ensure that an appropriate agent is assigned to your query:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/  
We look forward to hearing from you.

I have now gone through the whole filing process, and can see line 425.  It worked!  I think this may be a function of me looking at the consolidated reports earlier in the process, and then the reports after filing.  Sorry to have wasted your time.
bobzee

On the T3, where did you enter boxes 49, 50, and 51.  I found where box 50 goes, but I can't find any entry for boxes 49 or 51.

bobzee

On T3, where do you enter boxes 49 and 51.  I found where to enter box 50, but can't find anywhere to enter for boxes 49 or 51.  Usually all 3 are in one multi-entry box on the T3 slip, but can't find it this year.

Another bug in turbotax 2021.

When you enter the boxes 49, 50 and 51, this silly tool shows the sum of all 3 values in "total" column, which is extremely misleading. Although it _appears_ it correctly takes the value #50 and puts it in the T1 worksheet, although I do not trust these developers at all since last year. Whoever coded this does not understand that #50 is just #49 multiplied by a factor and #51 is a tax credit on #51. How can one even think about adding these 3 values together???

MM125

It seems this error where TT simply adds up the three box values to create essentially a random number still exists in 2022 return.  Makes it difficult to compare paper T slips and CRA download data.  Not give much confidence in Turbotax calculations if this bug still exists?