Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glenblatz

Industry Code Error

Turbo Tax will not let me net file because the industry code error... the code is the one the program gave me and is the same one I used last year... why would this be happening? and how do is it corrected?  

21 Replies
rubyday4

Industry Code Error

FOLLOWING. I am having the same issue with the industry code I have been using for several years.

Industry Code Error

You can search for your Industry code on this Stats Canada webpage: https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825

The codes are updated every few years and were most recently updated in 2022. So, if your code is not working, it may have changed.

ar97
Returning Member

Industry Code Error

Will the current industry codes for 2022 work to netfile a 2018 return (use https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825)?

Industry Code Error

The codes are updated every few years and were most recently updated in 2022. These are the codes being used now as other previous codes will no longer work.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Industry Code Error

The Turbo Tax software for 2022 is malfunctioning. I have used the same industry code for 20 years . . . maybe they changed it this year. I looked it up . ..  possible. I enter a bunch of different ones . I enter a whole bunch of different ones and still TT gives me an error.

between the old information on google and the total lack of information from our incompetent government  I can't file without it . . . Never NEVER ever had this problem before . . .. I file tax returns for my whole family . .. same industry code  . . . but no in 2022 it's an error????? what gives?

NOT happy!!!!

Old industry code for direct sales 454300 . . .. I looked it up and says the new industry code should be 454390 or is it 5963?? the government doesn't say . . . and absolutely nothing works! finally I just entered 541860 and it took it .. .  nothing intuitive about this at all and it doesn't work.

Industry Code Error

Hello, @TurboTaxSusan @TurboTaxGinette

All of these codes below are not working. This is  Turbo Tax issue and not CRA. 
Please let IT/Software team know. 

Industry Codes – Direct sales

Electronic shopping and mail-order houses454110
Vending machine operators454210
Direct selling establishments454300

Industry Code Error

NOTE: For older returns please use your same industry codes you used to use. If you no longer have them please see this link: North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017 Version 2.0

For the 2022 tax year please use the new updated industry codes here: North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2022 Version 1.0

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Industry Code Error

@TurboTaxGinette This needs more attention. 

All of the Direct Selling codes that are on that website come up with an error in TurboTax. This is an INTERNAL TurboTax error. Please direct me to a phone number or email to contact management at TurboTax. 

Thank you. 

Industry Code Error

@TurboTaxSusan 

This is still not resolved. Please let me know a phone number or email to all to resolve this issue. 

Others are having the same problem. 

Thank you.