Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netfile confusion / filing together

Hi,

I have two questions

1. The day I did our taxes I received 2 confirmation emails (one for me and one for my husband) that said CRA accpeted our NETFILE. The next day, I received an email saying 'it looks like you havent NETFILE, but if you have ignore this email'. I'm not sure which is true?

2. Since we filed together, does the whole return get direct-deposited to one account? I received an amount that was $4000 less than what TurboTax stated. 

1 Reply
cpilas
Intuit Alumni

Netfile confusion / filing together

1. If the confirmation email was from the CRA then the government has received your return successfully.  The second email could be an auto generated message that was set to be sent to you before you NETFILE'd both of your returns and you were simply not removed from the email list in time.

2. With respect to your refunds they will be deposited in the accounts based on the banking information you provided in your respective returns.  Although TurboTax has given you with a view to a net refund amount, the CRA will be sending the refunds separately based on what you are owed individually.