Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

onlide edition vs download editon

i have just purchased the online edition and created a profile is there some way i can use all my basic information from my previous downloaded version.  i do not want to retype everything and i have never used the interview mode. i want to enter my tax slips directly is any of this possible. on is the online mode forcing me to redo everything and follow the useless steps for entering the information. please tel me there is a better way

1 Reply

onlide edition vs download editon

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble completing your return to your satisfaction, I hope this helps.

Both TurboTax Desktop and Online allow for the importation of the prior year information but only into the same platform. There is no direct way of transferring data from the TurboTax Desktop edition to the Online edition, or vice versa.  Both TurboTax Online and Desktop use the EasyStep interview process to guide individuals in completing their income tax & benefit return.  However, if you are familiar or intimate with income tax forms and schedules only the TurboTax Desktop edition has the Forms view that allows you to enter information directly onto the forms in completing your tax and benefit return. The amount of information you would have to retype by switching from one platform to another would depend on the complexity of your income tax and benefit returns.  The most simple of return can even use the TurboTax phone application to complete their income tax and benefit return.

TurboTax continues to offer Canadians a range of tax preparation products and prices to serve their needs. We thank you for your continued patronage and allowing TurboTax to satisfy you tax preparation needs.