Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oops, we encountered an error" - I get this message when trying enter in data on my self employed income return. I've tried to troubleshoote with no luck. Any ideas?

4 Replies

"Oops, we encountered an error" - I get this message when trying enter in data on my self employed income return. I've tried to troubleshoote with no luck. Any ideas?

Can you please confirm with us which TurboTax software and version you are using? Are you using Online or CD/Download?

Are you stuck on the error page or can you click on a Back or Continue button? 

This information is required so we can possibly replicate the error message you are receiving so we can find the resolution.

Iteration

Same issue, Turbotax Live doesn't work if you select the upsell to "TurboTax Live Assist & Review Self-Employed" (Or had that plan level selected for you when importing data from a previous year)

@Iteration Thank you for the information. That’s separate issue that we are having with Assist & Review. Our development team has pushed an update that should resolve this issue, so please try again.

Iteration

Looks like it is fixed now, thanks 🙂