Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klanktax9

Registration closes program

Another year, another set of problems making this program work. Product successfully activated but regardless of option chosen when so-called "optional registration" screen appears, the program shuts down. Totally useless. Time to switch to another product.

2 Replies
DSMedmonton

I am having the same issue. Just loaded my software today and can't get the registration pop-up. Tried closed it, tried to register, doesn't matter the program closes.
It is very frustrating as I had originally bought the online version (no cd) and returned it as it wouldn't provide the option to load previous years tax files done on the CD version

HAL9000
Level 4

The Registration pop-up is buggy again this year. If clicking the Later button doesn't dismiss it, try the X in the upper right corner. If that still freezes TurboTax, contact customer support:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/contact-us/00/873707

Not that there is no difference between the download and CD installations of the desktop software. Both install on your computer, and both should carry forward returns completed on the previous year's TurboTax for desktops.

TurboTax Online is a different product altogether - you fill your returns online, with no software installed on your computer. TT Online does not support carry forward or importing of desktop TurboTax files.

v