Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Request about help to use prepaid code

Hi,

I bought a pre-payment code from Costo Canada in 2019.

It said I can use up to 8 times at that time.

But I could not use it this year.

When I put the code in, it  says "Please enter a valid prepayment code."

What can I do for that?

Thank you for help in advanced

12 Replies
Highlighted
Returning Member

I bought the standard online addition with up to 8 returns in store at Costco and I receive the same message when I enter the code,"Please enter a valid prepayment code." I contacted turbotax and waited 25 minutes on the phone then someone screen shared my computer to verify the error and then I was told to return the product to Costco. I returned it and purchased another one today and when I enter that code, I still receive the same error message. They can't just keep telling people to return them to Costco if the issue isn't resolved. 

Highlighted

If you are having an issue with the code you purchased, please contact our Facebook or Twitter team for assistance.

Highlighted
Returning Member

Thank you for the reply but I’ve already contacted telephone support twice for this issue with two separate codes and their best solution was still continue to return the product for a refund and repurchase. Certainly not acceptable resolution. 

Highlighted

I understand the hesitation but if you could please send us a private message on our Facebook or Twitter pages and provide the non-working code number along with the location of the store where you purchased it, we'll be happy to exchange it for you!

Highlighted

some assistance please on getting my prepayment to work  please 

I cannot even get to the place to enter the code

Highlighted

@MAR52 Are you using TurboTax Online? If so, to jump directly to the payment section of your TurboTax Online 2019 return:

1. In the upper-right area of TurboTax, select Find*.
  2. In the Find window, type “CRA.”
  3. From the list of results, select CRA Online Mail, then select Go.
  4. Continue from there and you’ll eventually get to a screen where you can put in your 11 number code.

*Note: The Find option becomes available only after you’ve completed the Setting up section of your return.

Highlighted

Hi there,

I am getting the exact same code.

How did you resolve this issue?

Highlighted
Returning Member

Turbotax did not help. I had to return the products and buy elsewhere because codes from Costco would not work

Highlighted
Returning Member

Turbotax did not help. I had to return the products and buy elsewhere because codes from Costco would not work.