Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FredPM
Returning Member

Schedule A income from Canadian sources has the wrong value

I'm a non-resident.  For me Schedule A should be completed.  

If I open the Schedule A form, the "Enter the amount from line 23600 on your return" shows 0.00. 

The form does have the X to indicate I'm a non resident and It links to line 23600 of my return which has a value. 

Strangely, Schedule B, which has a similar line is calculated correctly.

I can use F2 to override the value but this is not how it is supposed to work.   There seems to be a bug in the logic of the field.

Note my 2018 return from last year works correctly.

I'm using the installed product on Wondows 10.

4 Replies

To have you schedule A correctly reflecting your residency status.

Step 1 In choosing your province please select Non Resident

Step 2 When entering your information select the correct residency as per screenshot attached.

FredPM
Returning Member

Thanks for the reply but I had already done it as you explained.  It states in all the right places I'm a non resident but the Schedule A amount is still 0.00.   

As an additional test, I created a new return without using the import this time.  I filled out the first info section, set to  non-resident, added one T5 and the problem is still there.

MarinaA
Returning Member

I am having the exact same problem. Super frustrating. Because of the override with F2 TurboTax says I can't Netfile the return. If I don't do the override the T1 says there is  over $1000 owing in taxes on under $8000 of Canadian net income!

FredPM
Returning Member

I had to override the field again for my 2020 taxes.  They still have not fixed the problem.  I'm not hopeful this will be fixed next year either.