Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewtar

Trying to open a TurboTax return from 2012

Good morning...    I have to recalculate and resubmit a tax return from 2012.  I have a licensed copy of Turbotax 2012 and several years ago, I was able to get into the 2012 version without any problems.. However yesterday I tried to open same file and I have received Error Code TT414 indicating that the file cannot be opened because the TurboTax version I am running is not correct.  I then receive a 2nd Error TT810 indicating that Turbotax is unable to detect if an update is required......  

I have also tried to re-install Turbotax 2012 but came to realize that you no longer download earlier than 2014. 

I dont understand why I was able to go into my licensed 2012 version and no longer cannot.   I do NOT want to file my return with CRA .. i want to use Turbotax 2012 to calculate my return and do some what if scenarios.  Once I figure things out, then I must resubmit the tax return for 2012 on CRA's Editable PDF files.   

1 Reply

Trying to open a TurboTax return from 2012

Unfortunately, TurboTax no longer offers any products for the tax year 2012. However, you can still download the tax forms for 2012 on this CRA page: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/tax-packages-years/archived-gene...

You will have to mail in your return, as the CRA no longer accepts 2012 returns through NETFILE.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for choosing TurboTax