Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax 2022 Standard Desktop Installation Error Code 2894

I'm running Windows 10 on a desktop. I just purchased a copy of TurboTax  2022 (for PC only). I tried installing it using the CD and received the following error message:

ERROR 2894.Info 2894.Loading RICHED20.DLL Failed.

GetLastError() returned:5.

I tried downloading the downloadable version from the website, but I get the same message. I've been a TurboTax user for several years now. This is the first time I've had an installation issue with the product.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 (Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM ET) for more assistance. Our phone support team can do more advanced trouble shooting on problems like this. 

guusy

I had the same problem,  the riched20'dll file was missing, it is located in windows/syswow64/ check to see if this dll file is in there, if it is it might be corrupt. If you cannot find it you need to replace this dll file.

I had a clone hard drive and found this dll file and copied and paste it. Turbo tax installed with no problem.

Also there should be riched32.dll file there. I have windows 10 home addition. 😀 

Thanks for your input. The issue has been resolved. I found the solution in a Microsoft Community chat ('How to Resolve "Error 2894.Info 2894.Loading RICHED20.DLL failed..."'). It involves issuing some commands from the ADMIN Command Prompt. Once I issued the first 4 commands, I tried reinstalling TurboTax and it worked. It is now up and running.