Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ymorin1958
Returning Member

TURBOTAX CD DOWNLOAD

I installed and it worked fine until this morning update. After the update was processed I got the Turbotax splash screen and nothing is happening.  I closed the program, uninstalled and reinstalled still it does not work. What is happening?  Please assist.  I have windows 10 on a brand new lenovo thinkpad.

2 Replies

TURBOTAX CD DOWNLOAD

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are happy to report that the root cause of the problem has been corrected. Once you uninstall TurboTax and reinstall using this link, the issue will be resolved.
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-the-cd-... 

Thank you for your patience.

ymorin1958
Returning Member

TURBOTAX CD DOWNLOAD

From what I can read from the discussion I initiated the problem is not fixed.  For me to work I had to reinstall windows 10, update it and then install TurboTax software.  For some of us, your update damaged the windows 10 installation and this caused a lot of griefs to many people.  I do not know how the quality control is done on your updates but you people certainly droped it on that one.  A similar thing happened last year with the registering of the product.  If you recall we could not update the software without registering.  I am not an expert in programming but it seems that every year intuit has issues with this software.  I am seriously thinking about going to another software to do my income tax next year.  Sorry but this one was a bit too much.

Yvan Morin