Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

keep getting the following error: We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

ive tried multiple days at different times and same error 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

Also, if TurboTax automatically imported your NetFile code, double check it against your CRA records. I found mine to be one digit short at the end of the string. When I added that in manually, the return was filed with no issues.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Please start from the beginning and review all the data in your profile, Name/Address/DOB/SIN ... etc. One digit or one letter discrepancy with the information saved in your file from the CRA or Revenu Québec will cause this kind of error message. 

Please go through the “My Info” part of the interview and make sure all the questions have been answered, and that they are answered correctly. The same thing when you go through the NETFILE process – start from the review if you didn’t do it previously.

You can also review the NETFILE eligibility rules to see if you qualify: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647669

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Also, if TurboTax automatically imported your NetFile code, double check it against your CRA records. I found mine to be one digit short at the end of the string. When I added that in manually, the return was filed with no issues.

Thank you for informing us. We are so happy you found the trouble-making digit.

This worked, thank you very much!

You are very welcome.

I payed you for a service I did not get. No help, no phone number to call for help, poor service.

It took me a couple of tries to get every thing inputed for Deborah and Larry's  2020 tax return , then after you got your money the tax return did not go through. It said we already filed 2019 return. I know I filed it last year I was filing 2020.

WOULD YOU PLEASE FIX IT AND CONTACT ME. by phone if possible [phone number removed]

Thank You

Larry S. O'Donnell

Hey Larry,

I would suggest making your own troubleshooting thread with the issue as I have marked this one as solved and I dont think Turbo Tax Admins will be monitoring it anymore.