Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theodoreosborne
Returning Member

Where do I enter a FPT payment?

It is the same as the CCB payment, I believe.
1 Reply

Where do I enter a FPT payment?

If you receive Federal-Provincial/Territorial Tax credit (FPT),  it states that you've received the GST/HST credit or Canada Child Benefit (CCB) which is tax free and you do not need to be entered on your return as those benefits are non-taxable. These amounts are automatically calculated by the Canada Revenue Agency. If you receive UCCB (Universal Child Care Benefit) which is a taxable benefit paid to eligible individuals, regardless of their income, for children under 18 years of age. Payments ended as of July 2016 but lump-sum amounts continue to be paid retroactively. The Canada Child Benefit (CCB), which is an income-testednon-taxable benefit, replaced the UCCB in 2016. If you had a spouse or common-law partner, the spouse with the lower net income must report the UCCB. If you were a single parent, you can include all UCCB amounts you received in the income of the dependant for whom the amount for an eligible dependant is being claimed. If there is no claim for an eligible dependant, you can choose to include all UCCB amounts in the income of a child for whom the UCCB was received. To report UCCB, click on the 'Find' icon on the top left corner of the tax return and then Type Universal child benefit and click Go. For more information, please see the TurboTax article: Canada Child Benefit vs the Universal Child Care Benefit.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.