Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcass29

Why am I getting this message? "We’ve added a Climate Action Incentive credit as part of your refund, however you still need to confirm your eligibility."

11 Replies

Why am I getting this message? "We’ve added a Climate Action Incentive credit as part of your refund, however you still need to confirm your eligibility."

The software automatically applies for the CAI credit, as soon as you enter your province at the beginning of your tax return, however, once you get to the provincial section, it will double-check your eligibility, so you must answer a few questions about yourself and your family for confirmation before completing your tax return.

Footnote: The Netfile service will not be open until February 24th, 2020 as per the CRA.

dcass29

The double checking shows the rebate is confirmed but I still get the warning at the end

If you have answered the question about  Climate Action Incentive -and reviewed and you answered them correctly then you can proceed. 

dcass29

However, under the warning section near the end of the process I am getting the message about eligibility?

Please log back into your Online account.

• Open your return and go to "Provincial"- Continue until you get to the page that says "Climate Action Incentive" and be sure you clicked on yes or no for each question.
  • Click on Continue and the next page will say "You're eligible to receive credit for CAI - let's see how much you qualify for" or you are not eligible.
  • Click continue and it will say "Good news! This is the total credit you're receiving" 

Then you will continue and it should be fine. 

dcass29

Hi. I get that message. However. At the review stage I still get the error message. 

When you went through the steps once again did you see the page that said you were receiving the credit and how much?

I am also getting this error at the end, even though I have gone back and "fixed" it and answered all the questions correctly several times, is this a bug in the system? should I just ignore it? (The credit has been added to my refund )

@Aline - we are aware of the issue and it will be resolved before Netfile opens on February 24,2020.

So for now, since the credit has been applied, you can just ignore it, when it's time to Netfile, the error will be resolved.

Before you Netfile, go through the "Review" section of your tax return before filing and all should be good at that point. 

We appreciate your patience and ongoing support.