Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kliue
Returning Member

Why only showing $0 refund after I transferred a previous year's return to create a new year return?

Hi Dear Support,

I have used your TurboTax software for many years. Every year ( times), when I created a new year return by transferring a previous year's return, right way, on screen left top, it will show a refund with several hundreds dollars. But this year, I am not sure why it only shows $0 refund  after I transferred a previous year's return. It lets me  feeling if the software(which I bought from Staples store ) has any issue. Please advise, thanks.

By the way, I didn't owe any balance for the last year'

Regards,

Kevin

1 Reply

Why only showing $0 refund after I transferred a previous year's return to create a new year return?

In previous years, the Climate action incentive (CAI) was added to your tax return once you entered your province (if you lived in a province that has it). This meant that you would start your return with a refund. Starting in tax year 2021, this credit will no longer be included on your tax return. Instead, it will be paid out during the year. You can read more about it on this this Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) page: Climate action incentive payment