Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madison082019
Returning Member

won;t accept installation code

won't accept my installation code, says it's wrong, it is not wrong, what can I do?

5 Replies

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code?

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2021 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

I purchase a standard return from Costco January 21/22.  my code is not been accepted when asked. please advise. 

Thank you  

@donovanhibbert Please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

riba6590

Won't accept my license code. What do I do?

@riba6590

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code?

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2021 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us