Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule 6 Eligible Spouse

I've prepared our taxes together.  Schedule 6 says NO to "Do you have an Eligible Spouse" even though I do (all criteria matches).  His income is only from OAS, CPP and RRSP.  Is that why it said NO and did not include his income from Line 15000?  I don't want to get a WITB credit and then have to pay it back because the form is wrong.  Thank you.

2 Replies
TMBL
Level 1

I was also having this problem.  When you go to "forms" and click on the schedule 6 and double click on the box where it asks if you have a eligible spouse (38101) it takes you to the spouse eligiblilty form.  When it takes you to the form where it fills out the spousal information, make sure the box is ticked that states you were cohabitating on Dec 31 2019.  Even thought I am doing both our taxes and I filled out in "easy step" that we were indeed together it didn't populate on the forms for some reason.  I did this and it worked for me. Hope this helps. I phoned intuit and still haven't heard back from them, so tried figuring it out for myself.  It is a glitch in their software. I update every time I open and it still didn't work.

@BeMyValentine2020

@TMBL

You may assure yourself if you have answered yes to the question "Are you eligible to claim spouse" by selecting the Contact Info section on the left-hand side of the screen

• you will scroll down to the page to find the question, as demonstrated below.