Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

Français English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Self Employed - GST/HST Filing

Hello.  I am a self employed individual.  I live in Canada but I work as a contractor to an IT company in the US.  This is my only source of income.  I have completed my 2017 income tax returns, both federal and provincial.   I have calculated my business expenses and any other deductions I may have where I work out of my home.  The last thing I have to do is to submit GST/HST form.  I should get a rebate since I do not charge the US company GST/HST for my services nor am I required to do so.  However, I am trying to determine how to calculate my ITC's using the calculations I already completed in my income tax forms.  Do I use the numbers from my Statement of Business form (T2125 E)?  How do I go about calculating the number I should enter in Line 108 of my GST/HST filing?  Thanks.

2 Replies
Level 1

Self Employed - GST/HST Filing

Unfortunately, since GST/HST filing is do through the CRA, we can’t provide much assistance in that matter. The CRA has information regarding filling out the forms on their website: