Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So why are my age deductions so small?

Turbo Tax says my Federal Age Tax deduction is $1,680.80, and the Ontario deduction is $86.74. However, when I use the worksheets, downloaded from Revenue Canada, I get $5,138.83 Federally and $2,959.68. I moved into Canada in April and lived in the country 266 days or 72.77% of the year. So even on a pro rated basis for partial year residency, my numbers suggest that I should be getting $3,739.53 Federal and $2,153.76 Provincial. When this figures are used, my Federal Tax Income Tax is reduced by $308.81. And my Ontario Income Tax is reduced by $2,067.02. So why are these deductions so different?

2 Replies

If you are still unable to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you (*Not available for TurboTax Free users*). https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

Useless. Go the form and it gives me "similar" questions none of which are relevant. No action on my part gets the all elusive "phone number" to appear. Guess I have to go to Magic School. Last time I'll use Turbo Tax. I'll buy from a company that provides REAL Customer Support!