Sofware Bug?: Combined Spousal returns flipped mar...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahb

Sofware Bug?: Combined Spousal returns flipped marital status to single for one spouse

We ( a married couple ) filed a joint return with a netfile filings for each spouse. TurboTax 2019 filed with one spouse as single. I checked my profile and it shows married there but TurboTax says it filed me as single.

Possible software bug?

Now that spouse needs to refile and to do so I now need to contact CRA to fix this stupid problem.

3 Replies
Parkerpuppy

Sofware Bug?: Combined Spousal returns flipped marital status to single for one spouse

I have the same problem.  I wanted to refile and upon trying to refile, TurboTax says I need ensure the return information is aligned.  My marital status was flipped to single from married and as the information is different refile is not permitted.

I contacted CRA and they confirm that there has not been a change to my marital status and said I need to contact Intuit Turbotax or use the MY CRA refile on their website

LOOKS LIKE A SOFTWARE BUG.

I made no changes to my status but can't refile.  Can Intuit help

sema4

Wow, this happened to me as well!  When I try to refile it says my previous return indicates Single, yet the forms indicate married (I haven't changed them) and the saved pdf from the original filing also indicates married.  I really need to be able to refile.  Did it really send my initial filing with the wrong marital status?  this is  a major problem!!!

Parkerpuppy

Talked to their support and to CRA.  CRA says I've never filed as Single since I was single.

We tried changing my status in TurboTax to refile to single but of course this is a filing with myself and my spouse which makes it impossible to have a single status on a refile.  TurboTax disallowed that change and option to refile with my Spouse

The Intuit support took some screen shots of the issue and are looking to fix this... they can't tell me when.

Anyways CRA and Intuit suggested I refile on the CRA Site.  Completed that successfully but TurboTax has a major bug.  They could not offer me a refund as I purchased Turbotax at Costco.

v