Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TurboTax 2017 states that HPB needs to be paid back in the 1st yr. However, I called the CRA and they advised the tax software is incorrect; it's paid back in the 2nd yr.

When filing my taxes, I received a notification in TurboTax stating "2017 HPB and LLP repayment required but not made and included in income". 

I called the CRA to confirm when I needed to start repayment my HPB and they referred me to this website: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/rrsps-related-plans/what-hom...

They said I cannot have this notification on my taxes when filing as it will cause something to be flagged. Any thoughts for a workaround/resolution on this?

2 Replies

TurboTax 2017 states that HPB needs to be paid back in the 1st yr. However, I called the CRA and they advised the tax software is incorrect; it's paid back in the 2nd yr.

Since you do not have any repayment due, you can remove the HBP info from your return.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Do you have any suggestions for how to remove It? It automatically came up when my RRSP information auto-filled in to Turbo Tax.