Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two T4RIF's and in box 24 (excess amount) there is an amount figure but I'm not sure which box to insert this figure on my turbo return. Please advise and thanks

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have two T4RIF's and in box 24 (excess amount) there is an amount figure but I'm not sure which box to insert this figure on my turbo return. Please advise and thanks

That figure must go in box 24 on the T4RIF entry screen.  If you have accidentally entered it in the wrong type of T4, you will need to click on the income tab, choose the T4 option where you put it and edit out all the boxes.  Then click on income scroll down to T4RIF and enter the slips.  You will see box 24.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

That figure must go in box 24 on the T4RIF entry screen.  If you have accidentally entered it in the wrong type of T4, you will need to click on the income tab, choose the T4 option where you put it and edit out all the boxes.  Then click on income scroll down to T4RIF and enter the slips.  You will see box 24.