Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rockwangz

The personal information of my spouse is set up, but personal tax profile for spouse is not available. How could I add tax profile for the spouse?

1 Reply

The personal information of my spouse is set up, but personal tax profile for spouse is not available. How could I add tax profile for the spouse?

If you are preparing your returns together, the interview process should bring up your spouse’s Personal Tax Profile at some point. If you want to go to it directly, in TurboTax CD/Desktop you can select “[SPOUSE] Personal Tax Profile” under “Profile” in the side menu. In TurboTax Online you can find it at the bottom of the “Setting Up” tab.

If you don’t see the Personal Tax Profile for your spouse at all, you may have chosen the option to prepare your returns separately. In that case you will not have the option to fill in all the details that would be on the Personal Tax Profile. Instead you would just be asked a few questions about them and their income. You would have to go to the Return Manager (under Tools) and start your return over if you want to prepare your returns together. https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647883