Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with installing Download version of Turbotax Basic 2023

I've been a Turbotax user since it was called Quicktax; for many many years.  I just purchased 2023 Turbotax Standard for download.  It will not install.  The exe. file did download but when I request it to install the computer does nothing.  I reviewed what the min. requirements are for install and I believe I meet the criteria.  These are my computer details:

Operating system: Windows 10 Home (Version 21H2 - OS Build [removed]

RAM: 8 GB

Hard Disk Space: 852GB free

Might you know why it will not execute the install?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

{First & Last Name}

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Are you getting an error code? Please uninstall the software and clear your cache to try download it again. You may also try a different browser.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Are you getting an error code? Please uninstall the software and clear your cache to try download it again. You may also try a different browser.

I  used another browser and redownloaded the file and was able to install. 

In case anyone else has this problem and is reading this, my first attempt was using Microsoft  Edge. I changed to Google Chrome and was then able to install the download file.

Thank you so much. 

You're very welcome and thank you for the update. The browser being used is often the reason for difficulties.

Recognizing this is a community (as opposed to vendor support agents), "clear cache" is a standard response that I would generally ignore. If there are entries in cache that are causing issues, those enties  would have been placed there by vendor's software and should pertain only to their own product. It should be the vendor's development staff  who advise as to clearing cache. 

All of which points to lack of  real support from the vendor. How does the customer go about getting that support.  

@Idea-Man, how may we assist you?  We need to know the issue you are having and what was tried to see whom we will refer you to. 

Idea-Man, please note that the reply I got was from a Turbox moderator not just the general public. They are responding. 

theoldref

paid for and downloaded 2023 copy of Premium. would not install properly and i lost everything when i tried the activision key. strange. now i have nothing and it won't accept my new email address.

Help!

Gary

theoldref

i need another copy of Premium to download Turbotax. my email has changed and nothing works.

theoldref

your voice activated assisstant sent a link and it was corrupted.