Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 30, 2019 2:14:38 PM

TT Std 2017 froze after Netfiling. Now it does not show that I Netfiled. I have the confirmation email, can I make the program show the correct status?

After Netfiling my return the software asked to login to Express NOA. In the browser window that opened, I logged on to the CRA website and confirmed my SIN. After a fairly long wait, the CRA site told me that it was complete and to close the browser window. Upon returning to Turbo Tax Standard 2017, I found that the program was unresponsive. I left it untouched for half an hour in case it was taking a long time to transfer information from the CRA, but finally quit the program.

Upon restarting Turbo Tax and reloading my joint return, it now doesn't show that I filed my return. I did receive an email with a confirmation number, but the program doesn't have this information.

What can I do to make the program report the correct status?

0 5 1590
5 Replies
Oct 30, 2019 2:14:39 PM

Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done to file to have it reflect the correct status. Not worry; you will be able to transfer this return into next year's return without issue.

Apr 10, 2020 7:30:52 PM

Hello, Same happened to me today. Turbo Tax 2019 Standard (Downloaded) froze after an unsuccessful Express NOA download from CRA page.  Turbo Tax kept waiting for the download. I have to close program and relaunch it but then the Netfile page on Turbo Tax won't show that I filed my return; it doesn't show the check mark as successful Netfile filing or the confirmation number. I got my confirmation # printed off so I know the filing was successful (I think). I was tented to Start my return and get Turbo Tax page updated but I was afraid to mess with my filling. Is this problem being corrected?

Thank you

Intuit Alumni
Apr 12, 2020 9:49:12 AM

to confirm that your Netfile has been received by CRA follow the steps in this link;

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-know-if-my-return-was-filed-using-netfile-and-received-by-the-cra/00/873667

I hope this was successful

Apr 4, 2023 7:04:52 PM

Hi Turbo Tax 2022 premium froze after an unsuccessful Express NOA download from CRA page.  Turbo Tax kept waiting for the download, and closed the program automatically . Post relaunch, Netfile page on Turbo Tax won't show that I filed my return; it doesn't show the check mark as successful Netfile filing or the confirmation number. I got my confirmation # printed off so I know the filing was successful .

My second return (with my wife ) is showing Review page and showing not filed  but I have the NOA printed from CRA.

Now all the three returns so far and not showing updated status on the Turbo Tax page though i have the saved copies and NOA.

This is very annoying as I am not sure if I will be able to import the data next year.

Any Solution??

Apr 8, 2023 4:03:31 PM

As Tara said above, unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done to file to have it reflect the correct status. No worry; you will be able to transfer this return into next year's return without issue.